To steward, manage, and animate the Varscona Theatre in a manner that draws people in and encourages community interaction and expression. The VTA’s primary focus is the development and maintenance of the Varscona Theatre facility in partnership with the City of Edmonton.
Core Purpose: To unlock the imagination
- Collective success through collaboration
- A sense of belonging for artists and patrons
- Making the live theatre experience accessible
- Celebration of local creativity and imagination
- A devotion to the craft of theatre as a profession
The Varscona Theatre is Edmonton’s busiest and most accessible theatre space. Located in the heart of Edmonton’s historic Old Strathcona district and operating year round we are home to some of the finest theatre companies in the province including; Shadow Theatre, Teatro la Quindicina, Die Nasty, and Grindstone Theatre, as well as providing a vital venue for The Fringe Theatre Festival every August.
Each year we provide the city of Edmonton with up to 300 cultural performances, playing to over 30,000 audience members and have a very positive financial impact in our neighborhood.